This document provides guidelines for people who want to contribute to the project.
- check if the bug or feature request has already been filed. It may have been answered too!
- else create a new ticket.
- if you plan to contribute, tell us, so that we are given an opportunity to give feedback as soon as possible.
- Then, in your commit messages, reference the ticket with some
Fork and branch¶
- Work in forks and branches.
- Prefix your branch with the ticket ID corresponding to the issue. As an
example, if you are working on ticket #23 which is about contribute
documentation, name your branch like
Setup a development environment¶
make and wget to use the provided Makefile.
git clone email@example.com/benoitbryon/xal.git cd xal/ make develop
If you cannot execute the Makefile, read it and adapt the few commands it contains to your needs.
A Makefile is provided to ease development. Use it to:
- setup the development environment:
- update it, as an example, after a pull:
- run tests:
- build documentation:
The Makefile is intended to be a live reference for the development environment.